Monday, March 26, 2012

Rearranged

My studio and my life have been rearranged again…. Life throws curves every once in a while. This mural is a small one, only four feet by eight. It is waiting for me. I do not usually miss my deadlines but I guess there is a first time for everything. The painting is progressing well. I should be done soon. I had intended to be done last week. On my way to the studio I slipped on some ice and catapulted my head into the cement. It felt as if I were being held in gentle hands as I went down and the doctors say I am lucky. Indeed I am blessed. It could have been a lot worse.  I did get to the studio later that same day but I could not sustain the extra hours and the drive home seemed longer than usual. The next day I could barely get out of bed. The world was spinning and my stomach suffered from travel sickness. I spend the morning keeping appointments and went to bed for the rest of the day. Saturday was no better and Sunday saw some improvement. Monday I did bookkeeping instead of visiting the life drawing studios and Tuesday I decided I could drive again. I am very thankful for my husband who doted on me as I recovered, became my means to manoeuvre from place to place and provided me with sustenance. It is a times like these that gratitude takes over and I can see how much more beautiful the world is.

No comments:

Post a Comment