Monday, April 23, 2012

Jetlag

I am at my computer with my eyes closed wondering if it is possible to have jetlag without boarding a plane. In reality, I suppose, one could say we were flying low. It is a five hour commute to Grande Prairie from here and we got back in time for me to participate in the life drawing at Harcourt this afternoon. Just got home from being taxi to one of our daughters and I am ready for bed. I’ll just close my eyes for a minute while the rest of my blog surfaces to my typing fingers…. It was a very rich weekend. I ate too much, but how can one resist homemade goodies, soups and treats… all weekend long! My husband and I were attending the regional meeting for an organization called Development and Peace, an outreach to the global south as they call it. Their mandate ties in with a growing concern for the environment and our less than nutritious food supply. We were introduced to the notion of eco-farming for North America and the horrifying reasons why it is a better idea. I suspect the changes will be implemented more slowly than they are necessary. Very few like change. We tend to resist what we do not know or that with which we are not familiar. The world has changed in spite of our resistance over the past hundred and fifty years or so, dramatically. We have thrown our world out of balance and are responsible for the largest extinction of animal species since the dinosaurs disappeared. Our claim to fame may be our undoing if we do not accept the responsibility of redirecting our energies. And speaking of energy, I am about to renew mine. My apologies for not have the latest image to show you…. I forgot to take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment