Monday, May 14, 2012

More Murals-Military Vignette

This was an accident. I had been called in to give some free advice and I got another job. It is amazing how charity and prosperity are linked. Our oldest son had the same experience: a volunteer computer maintenance position at his high school fostered his first job. When I live in abundance, giving with no strings attached, a flow is created that usually results in my receiving tenfold more than I gave… This particular vignette (a name chosen because of its small size--three feet by four) presented particular problems. I had three reference photos with three different horizon lines and I wanted to put them all on the same horizon. There was too much of a difference between the scene on the left which had been photographed standing in the street and the one on the right which must have been taken from a cherry picker. Separating them seemed appropriate. Separating them all with use of the street worked quite well. In the end I ended up with this image that was not entirely working but the deadline loomed. I handed it in for approval with the suggestion that I move the cenotaphs to the left to balance the space better. Another suggestion was forthcoming in that I reverse the order of the monuments as well as moving them. Brilliant! The lady who did the research for me supported the change in spite of the fact it creates chronological disorder. So now the task of painting is at hand. I so enjoy mucking with the paint in the first layers. That is a very technical term: mucking. It means having fun! I better get on with it… the deadline is tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment