Monday, June 25, 2012

Near Alberta Beach


Early morning holds surprises for those who are awake. I often wake up about four thirty. I think it has something to do with the birds and the beginning light at this time of year. Got to love the fifty-fourth parallel! In this case I rolled over and went back to sleep. I jumped out of bed a couple of hours later thinking it was much later and decided to get dressed. We were on retreat. Lac St. Anne is surrounded by small vacationing communities and retreat houses. It has been a center for healing and spiritual renewal for many centuries, long before Europeans set foot here. We had been invited to share the space with five others as we explored our relationship with God and the organization with whom we are involved. I glanced out the window. Magnificent! I grabbed my camera and began to snap some memories. I had not noticed the buck right away. He raised his head and the light caught his antlers. Morning light, peace, and choruses of bird songs. We have a beautiful world. I am so fortunate to live in a part of the world where I do not have to be concerned about from whence comes my next meal or the safety of my surroundings. I can relax, renew and recentre. My studio is calling me. Patience is in order. I am sitting with the “Naked Show” today. I’ll tell you all about it next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment