Monday, July 23, 2012

Installed


It has been a year since I completed this mural, almost to the day. It went up this week. I have a final coat of varnish to apply and it is finished. There is something to be said for doing things in a timely manner. I find that most of the time now is best rather than later. In this case I had forgotten to make notes about the colour combinations I had used and I was very appreciative of the guidelines I had worked up for Riverdale as I had really forgotten the procedure on how to install fabric murals. All went well nonetheless and she is looking beautiful. I am also managing to get a more even tan for the dress I will be wearing for our daughter’s wedding this coming Saturday. My baby is getting married. It went so quickly! She asked me to be in charge of decorations…. I have not been painting pictures much lately, baskets and lettering but not pictures. Did I mention I can sew? Yes. Well, we will see how advanced we get in the decorating department today. I may squeeze in a bit of passion on the side. I do plan on making a trip into my studio to do the varnishing on the mural at the very least… Perhaps that will take longer than usual….

No comments:

Post a Comment