Monday, July 2, 2012

Sitting

Part of the responsibility of being a member of an artist cooperative is volunteering. It has been years since I joined and this is the first time I have actually participated in the set up and sitting for the annual show. Moving into the city helped. Instead of long gaps between life drawing sessions (up to one or two years sometimes!) I mostly attend now once per week except in the summer. The member shows begin the summer programs, so I am sitting. I had been reading but I am finding my eyelids very uncooperative, lead lids block my view. Writing may be more invigorating. This blog needs to be written and set up as I am away the day it is published. Martin and I are escaping into the mountains for a few days. I plan on taking my back pack, paints and paper with me. En plein air is not on my schedule very often and I could do with the practice. In the meantime lead lids are interfering with my writing as well, perhaps drawing is a better choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment