Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Munn Creek


There is a place, remote, quiet, rugged. Just my style. Often when the children were young we would pack up the van and find the most natural venue for our camping experience. “The most natural” meant the necessities included an outdoor toilet (the smelly kind), firewood and water. We preferred being beside a stream, not for the fishing really though we did attempt it, rather for the sound of running water, soothing, calming, healing. Now that my bones are older they protest sleeping on the ground and so Rocky Mountain Escape is a great compromise. Just below the haven of bed, flush toilet and shower, wood stove, sink and comfy couches there runs Munn Creek. I did not have my paints with me when I first ventured down the path. It was late in the day and the sun was setting. Gold laden branches caressed by the breeze stood in stark contrast to the violet purples of the distant hills. Complementary colours. Sometime during our stay I took the time to draw and paint the morning view and in my studio I did a tracing so I could splash down the colours I remembered from that morning. It is time to go back. I can hear the creek calling…..

1 comment:

  1. I saw this wonderful painting at the Hemmingway center yesterday! So very Lovely!!! I also enjoy your blog very much! Keep up the great work :-)

    ReplyDelete