Monday, July 29, 2013

Patchwork


I had lots of time this morning as I was going to visit the art supply store before heading to my studio…. Time just slips by. Most of this morning I was waiting for the new program I bought to fix my computer. I spent most of yesterday on that project too. I now have thirty-four percent free space again… Big improvement. It meant, however, that I did not have access to my computer and it is now ten o’clock. Breathe. Let go. It is what it is. Yes! I have been doing far more en plein air this summer. This is the latest. I was on my way home from finishing up the mural when I stopped on a hill overlooking the fields. Lovely. I had noticed this spot during the several times I passed by on my way home. Looking around I also noticed there was a parking spot very close to where I wished to install my easel…. So on the last day I brought my paints. As with all en plein air work we are at the mercy of the elements. In this case I left the city with the expectation that the ‘smog’ would lift as the mural was almost one hundred and fifty kilometers from home. It became apparent that the ‘smog’ really was a general feature probably caused by some mistiness in the atmosphere, an unusual occurrence with our famous big, blue Alberta skies. It was still there when I had finished the varnish coat and I decided to be grateful that it was not raining…. Out came my camera as I roamed around for the best vantage point. A truck went by on the dusty road and I held my breath. No, the wind was blowing it away in the other direction. I chose a spot in the lee of the trees knowing there would be no added local colour in with the paint. Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment