Monday, August 12, 2013

Projects everywhere



O.K. I admit my studio looks as crowded as it did when I was in the middle of painting the mural. I really like having more than one project on the go even when I am faced with deadlines along the way. I took the time to determine how many paintings would be necessary to fill the space for my upcoming solo in March next year. Apparently I will need about twenty-eight fairly large sized canvases. I have about twelve that have been prepared and initiated, so that leaves only sixteen that are still in their packaging. How long does it take to do a painting? The one on the easel had its beginnings a couple of years ago, maybe even three or four….. I might have to pick up the pace a little…. One thing I have decided is even if we move this fall, which is a likely possibility, even a probability, I will remain in my present studio until after the PAVA exhibition. That being said the schedule of hours spent in there will also be adjusted to accommodate the time required to complete the work. And yes, three or four years per painting will be reduced drastically. How many hours will I need to finish? Well, I once painted seven large canvases in six weeks…. I don’t think I will wait for January to begin….

No comments:

Post a Comment