Monday, September 9, 2013

Pinky


Artists each have their own peculiarities. Some are neat and tidy; some are messy like me. Today I am covered in ink. I was concentrating on moving something, don’t remember what, when I felt this curious sensation of wet, right between my legs. I glanced down at my left hand as it was holding the bottle of specially prepared ink and noticed that what used to be a full-to-the-brim container was no longer. Instead I had a lovely puddle sitting on the seat and elsewhere….. I seem to be much calmer these days; I did not get upset. Instead I straightened my hand, put the bottle down and reached for a rag. The rag helped the chair but not much else. I love being in my studio. I do not have to look good. I do not have to impress anyone. I can smile and carry on. The other extremities that are more often covered in paint are my hands. Fingers are wondrous appendages. They can be used for all sorts of useful things such as steadying the hand holding the paint brush as it carefully applies paint to a tiny surface. They can be used for wiping, scumbling, applying paint, interpreting paint and whatever I may choose to do. The best feature of fingers is that they are handy. I never have to go looking for them… The acrylic medium in the ink is now sticking to my legs. Time for a nice bubble bath me thinks. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment