Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Commitment





Yesterday, blog day, was the date of my parents’ wedding anniversary. I am not sure why it came to mind. They had celebrated fifty years together just before my dad died. I also bumped into an eighty-eight year old at the pool who said she and her husband who is eighty-nine will be celebrating their sixtieth in October. Over the weekend I shared a little about our thirty years of togetherness, Martin and I, with a young man who was just married last September. It all comes down to commitment.  Every once in a while my commitment to writing my blog gets displaced. I was about to plunge into the exercise when I discovered my computer was trying to connect to the internet in order to send a submission I thought had been sent on Thursday last week. I left it overnight next to our router hoping it would be done by morning… Technology.  I checked it this morning and kept poking at it over breakfast. Finally completed the missive is only four days late… with the correct date on it. Who knows? My commitment to my studio is waylaid at present as well. Life gets in the way. I do plan on getting in the doors tomorrow. Today bookwork, another commitment, is taking precedent. I priorize my commitments according to need and my life seems to work best on the wave principal. Studio time comes in clumps, bookkeeping comes in clumps. I have always loved the sea. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment