Monday, July 27, 2015

In Hiding




At the moment I am in transit on my way home from a superb few days in hiding somewhere in the hills of New Hampshire. Oops I think they call them mountains… Anyway I thought I would share another one of my daily sketches. This is part of what I did that memorable day last week at the Devonian Gardens. I used felt pen this time. All of the sketches are executed with whatever happens to be handy, ball point pen most of the time. This particular sketchbook resides in my purse along with a little pouch a wonderfully thoughtful friend once gave me. The pouch contains all sorts of small items I do not wish to hunt for at the bottom of the cavern, things like pens, pencils, erasers (for the Sudoku) I tend not to erase my drawings. With felt pen there is little chance of erasing anyway. With any permanent mark maker the trick is to choose carefully where to begin. I needed a frame of reference against which I measured everything else so I began with the paintings on the table before me. Perspective is easy once one can relate the objects one is drawing to something already drawn. So fun! Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment