Monday, January 31, 2011

Busy

The creative juices are flowing! The adjustments have been completed on “Listening”, “Downstream” is getting close and the first few tissue paper forms have been torn for “The Eye of the Needle”. There are three other panels prepped and in the process of acquiring the watercolour pencil lines that define the shape of things to come. Another canvas waits in the wings for its turn to fill the spotlight and the idea books are growing. I have several sketchbooks containing inspirations for “The Many Faces of Eve”. I have begun a third for this theme. My preliminary sketches include a photo for the background which could come from any place I may have visited or some local scenery, one or more photos from family albums of people going about their daily chores or play, a rough poem, some thumbnails organizing value shapes for the format and various notes. Two or more pages in the book are devoted to one image. Each book contains about twenty ideas. There are other series as well. “Rocks and Rivers”, “Woods and Water”, “Pilgrims” and “Europe”. All work on the same principles. I like having a variety of choices around me, works at various levels of completion. I get into trouble when I finish everything I have started at the same time. I have also noticed that if a painting has waited too long for attention it tends to die. Like my plants…. maybe I should water them today.

No comments:

Post a Comment