Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Laptop Easel


With each new project come the various new challenges. I needed the shots that I took on my camera using the video setting so I opened my laptop and discovered my attempt to fill the frame had a side effect I had not really anticipated. The video shows in horizontal format. Being somewhat technically challenged I did not know how to reconfigure the images to vertical format so I had to think of a different solution. I placed the laptop on its side resting on the electrical plug in and wondered if that would be a problem at some time in the future. Since the laptop was open to a ninety degree angle and the table it was sitting on sloped to the center I felt confident that it would not end up on the floor. This is not a Mac, I cannot throw it downstairs and still hope that it would work…. Still, the screen has to be at a certain angle in order for me to be able to see the details. I would think about that later. Sitting down in a comfy chair I pressed the play button and discovered a wealth of truly inspiring possibilities. Now, how could I pause it? Yes, there it is. Sometimes fumbling around has its rewards. I accidentally pressed the wrong button and slowed the movement considerably. Lovely. After that I found the pause button worked best if I let the images run, backed up and then pressed and released in a quick succession until I had the still I needed. Now how to raise the corners of the laptop so I could easily see the model from a distance without endangering my laptop? Binder clips come in very handy sometimes. I clipped two together and they formed the perfect stabliser. Four made a perfect easel. Isn’t technology wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment