Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Crowded

I am thankful I got the panels cut before I brought them into my studio. There are four of them, four by six, going through the process of preparation before I can actually begin painting the images. Last week I also picked up another three panels, vignettes, three by four that have had some water damage which needs repairing. The third set has not arrived. I am thankful that the larger one, nine by seven, will be painted on fabric. How I will prepare the sheets is a bit of a puzzle. I always enjoy a challenge. It is all about logistics and having a rhythm. The smaller ones will be finished first and out the door. Once the preparation of the next set is completed I will have space to prepare the fabric, with a little rearranging. I will see if my false wall will turn into a tabletop rendering the whole job so much easier…. Walking around the table will still be a requirement… my body may be a bit too generously proportioned. All three sets are required before the end of June. Summer is installation and unveiling time, filled with the sweet smells of celebration. Yes! Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment