Monday, December 22, 2014

Glenrose



This time of year is all about balance and juggling. Today I baked. I am so thankful I no longer do marathons of weeks on end with the view of filling my freezer. There have been a few changes in my life like: no kids at home, just the two of us, a fourteen cubic foot freezer instead of a twenty-two cubic foot plus the fourteen cubic foot one…. Yes, good changes.  Baking, presents and exhibitions. My latest exhibition is hung. I have selected several of my favorite pieces from my “Connections” collection to show at the Glenrose. This is not a quite the same experience as other showplaces. I have decided not to hold a specific opening and rather to be present on several occasions throughout the exhibit which lasts a couple of months. It was an interesting challenge hanging the work as every venue somehow has a different set of tools to do the job.  I was very thankful to my daughter who figured out how to work the devices so they would hold the paintings in place. Once the images were straightened to our satisfaction we placed the poetry and the price cards leaving a guest book and some flyers for visitors to sign and take home. The Glenrose has a little convenience store just up the corridor and the people in charge have agreed to sell some of the notecards as part of the exhibilition. Life is so good. Do drop in if you can:

The Mezzanine Gallery at the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital
10230 111 Ave. Edmonton.


I will be in attendance on 9th January 2015, 22 January 2015 and 6 February 2015 between the hours of 1pm and 4pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment