Monday, December 29, 2014

Savouring the Moment



Yesterday my husband and I celebrated our thirty-first anniversary. Often I am asked, “Don’t you wish you were younger?” My answer is always, “No!” I would not trade the time and space we have created, time to enjoy, space to be real. I would not trade the peace in my heart, a peace that only years can bring. I would not trade the joy the choices of gratitude and praise for our God have brought me. I am no longer in a panic to get things done. I know I am not in charge, nor do I wish to be. I can relax and savour each moment, moving with the inspiration and entering the flow. And where has the flow brought me today? My studio is in the midst of purging and finishing touches. The last two paintings from the series “Connections” are on the tables receiving their final coats of varnish. The bead door between the gallery and the studio is up. That is funny… the best laid plans. The beads are enough to block the heat to the gallery so I made some short strings to gather it back… So good. I have saved some space on my studio walls for certain paintings; they are still in Legal… One of these days we will gather them home. The gallery is in need of some work. I have the railings for the hanging system, they await my attention to install them. The last two bulbs for the track lighting are waiting too. There is some painting to do, some clearing to do and some buying to do, the chain and s-hooks. Soon, very soon, I begin some experiments. They may turn into a series. We will see. Love the mystery! Life is so good!   

No comments:

Post a Comment