Monday, October 12, 2015

A Sampling




The pressure is on. And off. Today is Thanksgiving. All is prepared and we await our guests who will be arriving in about an hour. Now is not the time to escape into my studio… The pressure is really on however. I have three shows opening in the next three weeks. Two are under control. The third one is still a work in progress. The latest gusts of wind have all but denuded the trees of their lovely autumn glory. So what will the next few paintings entail? I have no idea. Is it the colours that intrigue me most? Not really. It is the space between the branches, the contrast the spaces make against the lines the branches form. Negative space does not blow away. I need between ten to fifteen paintings. Four are done. It is a good thing I work well under pressure… Happy Thanksgiving by the way. May this time of year bring you joy and peace. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment