Monday, November 30, 2015

Finished




“Praise Be” had been relegated to the back waters as I attempted to fulfill my professional and personal obligations over the month of November. So finally the day came when I began to clean up my studio in preparation for my new series in mixed media. A lot of things were in need of attention and completion. Even my main watercolour palette needed dusting. I suspect I had done a little woodwork, spreading the sawdust everywhere, sometime during the summer. I decided to put everything under cover as I am never sure what I will be doing next! And I turned my attention to the demo I had started for the Glenrose Hospital group who stopped to watch me paint. I looked at what I had accomplished and decided to change direction now that I had time to think! Instead of dark green I threw in some purple around the yellow flowers creating some lovely contrasts and movement around the piece. Using negative space around the splotches already created and a mixture of tonal values in both purple and green the garden suddenly came alive. Life is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment