Monday, October 25, 2010

Suncatcher


Suncatcher
8" x 8"
Mixed media
Canvas

I had long admired the sunflowers in my friend’s garden. There were dozens of them everywhere but especially snuggled up next to the fence both north and east. Faces of gold, burgundy and all variations in between turned to greet the sun. It was a particularly warm, sunny afternoon when I dropped in for a visit. Gertrude is an excellent listener. I had a distressing problem I wanted to air and we sat in the backyard under the sturdy spruce trees sipping something cool. The flowers waved their greeting and nodded in agreement every time I made a point. I love flowers. Just before I got up to go the offer came. Take some home. Yes. Lovely. I filled a five gallon bucket and we loaded it into the van. There were too many for just one bouquet. I arranged two vases and took one to the studio to set on the table just in front of the window. As I entered the store I was informed that they were not sunflowers but daisies. A lively discussion ensued on the benefits of having flowers brighten our day. Laughing we came to the conclusion that the daisies were just what we both needed. Happily I installed my still-life and another Tiny Treat was born. 

No comments:

Post a Comment