Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Demo

Drawing is my first love. I so enjoy the connection between paper and mark maker. This past week has been exceptional in the amount of drawing I was able to do. First of all I discovered the deadline for a pencil sketch on a commission piece had passed. So I spent some time looking for the original references and notes which have somehow been temporarily lost with some other items requiring immediate attention. Moving has a tendency to disorganise things. One consolation is that when I find them, they will all be together and I will be able to proceed accordingly. In the meantime. I replaced my misplaced references with less than acceptable standard substitutes and spent the next two days in heaven with a large piece of paper and my 3B pencil. Glorious! The result? I think it is breathtaking; my customer will confirm that this week. Yesterday I taught a workshop on portraits beginning with drawing, charcoal and Stonehenge. Devine! Once everyone was doing well with their own drawings I took five minutes to do mine. I have a lovely daughter and she was irresistibly winsome. Today? It is back to the drawing…. no painting board. I have four paintings to finish in twelve days. Three days each. Ah, yes. Great fun. Be still my anxious nerves! Breathe. Yes, great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment