Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Very Busy Studio

Little bits of paper everywhere. Pots of paint, brushes at the ready. Where is the artist? Well, she slept in this morning. Midnight comes too quickly and too often these days. The pressure is on. My opening reception is ten days away, March 11th. The colour sketch of the mural is due March 7th. It snowed again and the books need doing. April 30th will be here in no time. The March 1st deadline came and went. Missed that one. I will make April 1st. Chaos.  Some people work better under pressure. I suppose I do too. I do not really know. I tend to leave certain things to the last minute. Or was it the moving? However as I get older I have noticed that the midnight routine followed by the 5:30am early rise does not work so well for very long. The inevitable crash day is coming. I am getting smarter though. Essential pauses there and there during the day, prayer and meditation at dawn, eating, a glass of wine shared with my ever supportive husband, eliminating these is no longer viable. I take care of me. After all, if I cannot hold the brush who will do the painting?

No comments:

Post a Comment