Monday, March 14, 2011

The Eye of the Needle

Oh the adrenaline rush! Finishing four large paintings in twelve days. Yes! I did it! Of course there were some technical hitches….. I did pack up the paintings while the varnish was still drying. Then, the next day, I arrived at the studio with my pot of varnish and brush to fill in the spots I had missed. All in all the effort was well worth the result. I am excited about the reaction to the latest pieces too. Everyone loves the light. “The Eye of the Needle” is the third in a triplet. Well, it is really the second that was finished last… I like arranging them so that the largest piece is in the middle. Like a triptych only not. Am I confusing? Maybe I am confused! Life is fun! With this particular piece I knew I had succeeded with the drawing when a visitor to my studio took a step back and expressed his fear of heights. I did not paint the guardrail in. I prefer to fly like a bird. With that in mind I wonder what sights I might see today.

No comments:

Post a Comment