Monday, March 21, 2011

Splish/ploc

It is all about light. Tissue paper lends itself to abstract shapes without detail, spaces and shapes, one against another. I am learning to lay it down and leave it alone. I so enjoyed doing all three in the triplet together. As I propped them up against the wall once the tissue paper was complete I was astounded to see how close to a triptych they were. Not planned. They look stunning together. I used one photograph as a reference and painted three paintings from it. Since my work is more about shapes, spaces and rhythms, though, I doubt if anyone would be able to pick it out unless I told him/her. The other medium I really enjoy is the graphite powder that I used to value check and texturise the rock patterns in the water. Everything shows through the layers. And when I laid the shadows in the birds began to sing.

Splish

Splish! Go with the flow.
Over, around, under, through.
Yes, there is a way.

Ploc

L’esprit suit la course
la plus facile mais des fois
elle prend la meilleure.
(Ps 111: 1-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment