Monday, April 4, 2011

Splishsplash/plocplouf

I am always experimenting. Tonight, as I type at my computer, I cannot help but notice the paint all over my fingers. No one who sees me doubts what I do during the day… Most of them suspect I paint walls and, on occasion, I do. In a way I was painting walls today. The mural has taken over my studio. Undercoats, patiently drying, more undercoats. In the meantime I am always considering the next challenge, perhaps a different mix of colour or another ingredient, maybe some thread. With the graphite powder defining the value and the shape of each rock I was a little concerned that “Splishsplash” would be too dark. I continued with the layers of colour, darker and darker. Then came the foam, the swirls, the dappled light. Ah yes, let’s dance. By the way the St. Albert Painters' Guild is coming up quickly. We open 7pm on April 15th.


Splishsplash
Hop! Skip! Jump! Again!
Perseverance gains the cup.
Bitter or sweet? Choose.


Plocplouf
Sautons, et encore!
On glisse, on tombe, on rigole,
on se plaint. Un choix.
(Ps 111: 4-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment