Monday, June 20, 2011

Organised Mess

Little bits of tissue paper strewn about the surface. Does this look like play? My work is play. The title of this piece is ‘Play’. ‘Play’ is the twenty-third in the series called ‘Eve’. There is another on the way too, ‘Wonder’. I got inspired the other day and wrote the poem for that one. I have not started the tissue paper though. Both are due to be finished by June 24th. When does play become work? Does it have to be either/or? Why not both/and? They are both four letter words! It all depends on the day. Most of the time things flow smoothly. It has to do with planning and having set goals for the day mapped out. Other times reflection stalls the progress or so it seems. Today is a reflection day. I have spent most of my studio time gazing at the canvas and wondering what to do next. I took a few things off the shelf and packed a box. Then I went back to gazing. In the end I picked up a brush and applied some colour. Yes, that works. Let us continue to organise the chaos. Who knows what might emerge.

No comments:

Post a Comment