Monday, December 26, 2011

A New Series

I have six canvases started. I have pondered the next step for months. There is only one way to move forward. Move. So I began to play. A little gold, a little tissue paper, a whole lot of imagination. I put in some transfers from my collection of life drawing. I am considering clothing the images. At the moment the main considerations are value and repetition. There are circles within circles and a strong horizontal line. I know what the painting is about. I know what I wish to create in the way of mood. In the end I may have less control than I think I do. All I know is that I am on the right path. There is a certain excitement that tingles through my body as I shape the movements, stand back and contemplate. This is fun. Definitely fun. I will keep moving, following the inspiration and I will let you know where it leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment