Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Time to March

Here it is Tuesday evening and I have a definite intuition that it is still Monday. My husband assures me that my notion is erroneous.  I am very thankful that when I pulled up the blog site I had installed a photo at least. I know what to talk about it! This is the second of three panels I am painting for Morinville’s St. Jean Baptiste Park. Parades. I had no idea how many different parades they could be. I have led a sheltered life…. The one that interested me most was the oldest. At one time there used to be a procession from the church, through the streets with stops at each house that had requested a blessing. Lots of kneeling, lots of prayer. As we move closer to our era there is less about prayer and more about food, finishing with a pancake breakfast. Lots of fun and sometimes lots of indigestion.  I had completely forgotten to sign my work as I slapped on the varnish. Leaving one small corner for the finishing touch I walked away to let paint  dry. I have learned, the hard way, that it is best not to rush things. Varnish has a tendency to take metallic and felt pen off. It needs to be protected by a coat of gel medium and gel medium removes writing too if it is not allowed enough time to stabilize or  it is rubbed to vigorously. Everything in its own good time

No comments:

Post a Comment