Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Line Up

I was totally panicked. When I panic I go into depression. There was no way I could meet my commitments! Silly woman. Where there is a will there is a way. There is nothing like a little brainstorming to sort one out. Just before we hung the Spruce Grove show Doris and I sat down and I cried on her shoulder for a while. She reminded me that it did not have to look a certain way… not in those words but never mind! In the end I had a plan and a ray of hope. What she had suggested was that I use some of the resources I had already acquired. Some time ago our group had hired a model for a photo shoot and I had yet to use the images. Back in my studio I took out my computer and perused the videos that I had taken. I deleted one. More room on my computer! The third one was truly inspiring. Dance seems to be a recurring theme in a lot of the possible exhibitions lately. Combining music with visual images makes for interesting installations. I set to work. In the three days I had left in the week I managed to produce fourteen drawings. I need fifteen for a good show. I am aiming for twenty then I will select the best and embellish before framing. Ah yes, the only drawback with this plan is framing. $$$$ Minor detail. As for my other series, well, it is still beautiful and developing. Not certain when it will be complete but there are always other venues and possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment