Monday, May 7, 2012

Invitation to Seek


Well, I have started a new series in watercolour. The mixed media image I am working on might take the rest of my life to complete! Tackling more than one project usually gets me going in the right direction. I had the painting done but I could not leave this watercolour without a poem. I did not include a psalm but the poem is laced through the branches and hidden in the shadows. It speaks of invitation to seek something more in this life. The spot is near Spirit Island in Maligne Lake in Jasper. It is only reachable by boat so there is no traffic, no motorized vehicles. There is a peace that permeates the air and calls us to hug a tree. The one drawback is there is usually no time to just sit and ponder. The boat comes and goes on schedule. I have to be in a very quiet place, a place I usually find only within myself, before I can hear the counsels of the soul. Spirit Island is well named. My studio is also a quiet place. Most of the time I listen to the radio, Tempo and Shift on CBC. Sometimes I seek the silence in order to listen. I enjoy the silence.


Invitation: To Seek
Seek and you will find
connections, new energy, 
linking all in all.

Invitation: Chercher
Les arbres nous parlent, donc,
cherchons la perle dans leurs mots:
travaillons ensemble.

No comments:

Post a Comment