Monday, April 30, 2012

Anticipation

The Art Gallery of St. Albert (AGSA) holds a major fundraising event once per year. This year they are doing things a little differently by calling for entries from artists that measure one foot square. I had good intentions. I bought two canvases that were gallery ready, one foot square. Somehow the number of previously priorised items on my list were unusually long for March and April and now into May. I decided that drawing would have to do once more as I had easel table space in which to do it. I managed a nice little drawing of my bird’s nest tucked into lacy folds. My studio is getting smaller. With the major piece I am working on for the series “Grace”, watercolours, the small mural project and the still-life work there is little room for anything else, yet, there is always room in an emergency. We cleared the remaining items in the apartment for our new renter. The boxes went under my main table. The rest I move as necessary and I clear a table for framing. I think I will eat lunch standing up! The AGSA event is coming up on June 7th and will continue until the 23rd. It will be fun to see the walls lined with squares of beauty. Another fundraising event coming up shortly will be for Roots of Change, an organization that is helping people in Nicaragua make permanent change in their standard of living. I will be completing a small mixed media piece during the evening and then auctioned off in hopes of bringing in mega dollars. The last one did quite well. The event takes place at Holy Family Parish in St. Albert on June 1st beginning at 6pm. There is another show coming up at Harcourt House too. The Naked Show displays selected life drawings done over the previous year.  I will submit five, one to three of which will be chosen for show. This happens around the end of June. I will keep you posted. The deadlines are aflyin’ and it is time to send out some invites….

No comments:

Post a Comment