Monday, April 2, 2012

Done

Just about forgot again! Ideally these blogs are supposed to be written ahead of time and I thought for sure this one was just waiting for me to post…. Confidently I opened the page, feeling delighted that I had actually remembered to blog, even at this late hour, and, well, nothing. I had the picture and the title…. A little more than nothing. Sigh. My mural is done. It was one of the more interesting subjects: Christian churches. Ecumenism is one of my passions. It goes beyond Christian circles and includes the whole world. There is so much good being done in pockets around the world by ordinary people. The scope of this exercise was limited to one community and it was a delight to discover the common themes throughout the various expressions. It came down to people. Church is people. The main activities were prayer, singing songs of praise, mentoring, walking the journey together and celebrating. Helping one another in times of joy and sorrow has connections with the land as well. Pioneers endured much and survived by working together. We have got away from that somewhat. It is time we slowed down and reconnected. It is all about people, the earth and taking care.

No comments:

Post a Comment