Tuesday, October 16, 2012

In the Garden


Well, I missed last week and I am late this week! I am staggering from the information I took in during the training program of Braveheart Women Resonate. In the meantime I am still waiting for heat in my new studio so the boxes are still configured in Everest style and I have little idea where anything is… Sigh. I am suffering from withdrawal. Today I will do some drawing and tomorrow I will do some painting in preparation for a class. Now let’s turn to yesterday. The two flower studies are from the garden at Hollyhock on Cortes Island. A magnificent retreat, so peaceful, so beautiful. The garden was full of flowers even at the end of August and it produces much of their salad ingredients and herbs for their kitchen. It is a wonderland of textures, colours and contrasts. Sunshine makes such a difference as you can see. The hydrangeas enjoyed a subdued light under a cloudy sky, graying the colours and forcing a look at a more abstract composition. The lily basked in full sun. The exercise here was more about few strokes, clean colours, and contrast. Yes, it is time to get back to painting…..

No comments:

Post a Comment