Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Lily Fountain

Well this is the last of my Cortes Island stock…. I will paint something for next week. I do have some watercolours that I intend to submit to a local show; they are not quite finished and I now know where my palette is although I am still working on clearing a surface on which to work. Unpacking takes a while. I was in the garden for this little painting as you can see. I thought I would try a bit of abstraction on the water fountain and ended up combining two images: the water and the nearby lily. It needs work. I do like the composition, the colours are conservative and the stamen is weak. There are possibilities and it is a good reference if I choose to pursue a deeper abstraction of the image. Time for incubation. Creation always requires a good deal of incubation, rumination and self-analysis through the art of asking pertinent questions. Time to unpack another box.

No comments:

Post a Comment