Monday, November 5, 2012

In the Shade

Okay. My studio is still in shambles so I am back at the work I did on Cortes. I am totally fascinated with warm and cool grays. It was such a new realization that I could not help but do a little experimenting. This one impressed the instructor…. I usually do not like doing architecture. It is a precision endeavour that does not allow too many errors. The perspective must be correct. I was uninspired with the flowers… I am not sure why they do not excite me. Perhaps I find them too easy. In any case I turned around. I was under the shade of one of the lovely trees that graced this magnificent garden when I noticed the light filtering through the intricate wood work of the balcony and glancing off the leaves and stems. I saw an opportunity to use the grays, cool against warm, light against dark and within the darkness, more cool against warm…. Such fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment