Monday, January 14, 2013

Serendipity

Momentous decisions have taken me to a new space of disarray for the moment. There is a difference in this space; I feel way less fear. Now that could be a good thing or…. We won’t go there! As I move through the disarray I have noticed several instances of serendipitous advantage. In order to accommodate my new schedule as Resonator for BraveHeart Women in Edmonton I have decided to discontinue several time consuming activities that produced, to a large extent, my income as an artist and kept me away from painting as well. The painting stays, making money is out! Well, not completely. I am about to leave to teach in a small school in northern Alberta as Artiste en Residence. It will be my last school. Several months ago I began to fill the palettes so they would dry. Recently, as I went through the materials, I discovered that I really had very little to prepare. Everything just fell into place. Last week I had a visit from the organizers for my next show  (January 29th to February 23rd) at VASA in the Hemingway Centre, 25 Sir Winston Churchill Ave, St. Albert. They were concerned that the proposed fifteen drawings would not be enough to fill the space available so we discussed several possibilities. Then I mentioned that there were several other drawings in the same series which had never been framed. Perfect! I knew they were somewhere in my studio…. I looked and found other things for which I had been looking, reference photos for my next watercolour as an example… Having also found the drawings I inspected my stash of framing materials, everything but one lonely matt was waiting for me to put it together. Yes! I will do that today and finish up the prep for the school, may even get to the murals….. Live is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment