Monday, January 28, 2013

Quatre-vents


It had to happen. The time had come. During the course of a lifetime some things come to an end. This was my last Artiste en Residence. This one will be a fond memory. Talk about being spoiled…. One lovely lady made sure I had my fresh Timmy’s first thing in the morning. Another provided home made cookies hot off the press. Someone else billeted me, making sure I had all the comforts of home. And the students! Such a delight! So enthusiastic. We had such fun. So why stop? Well, I am not as young as I used to be. The boxes are heavy, too heavy. The days are long, too long. I no longer like to spend long periods of time away from home. I missed my glass of red wine and quiet conversation before dinner each evening. There comes a time when priorities change and quality of life supercedes what used to be necessities. I look forward to spending more time with my paintbrush, following my own inspiration. Who knows? It may be the best financial decision I ever made….

No comments:

Post a Comment