Monday, November 4, 2013

Renovations

We are going to have a blast all day. I have forgotten to take any pictures of the before scene. I will take my camera today. Studio time is at a minimum; we just drop in to pick up some tools and materials for the small renovations we are completing in our new home before we move this Saturday. I am so thankful for the time to do this. We met with the contractor a couple of days ago and he will begin work in the spring. It will not take long once he has begun. In the meantime we will settle in and downsize. The space is small yet comfortable. Space is always at a premium it seems, like time. What we do with that which is available is the key to our happiness. My daughter and I had a glorious Saturday ripping out ceilings in cupboards to open up more storage room. Today we sand the fill and change the bright salmon tones to something more subdued to match the rest of the walls. We will cut and install the baseboards too. Our attention will be focused in the kitchen after that. Things need a little rearranging. Perhaps I will have time to reconfigure another wasted space beside the newly installed dishwasher. And my studio? Well, it will just have to wait. The new studio is like a big barn at the moment. Before the contractor gets to it we will have two other professionals visit it: an electrician and a gasfitter. There is also a small matter of door replacement. Packing? Sometime before Saturday I will complete the packing. I have never been so laid back about moving. I think it is the gratitude that fills my heart as we ready ourselves for the day. Things will get done, on time. Tomorrow I take the day off to learn new things about this computer and visit my massageuse. Life is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment