Monday, June 2, 2014

The Sun Came Out



The contractor was getting antsy. The rain kept pouring and the schedule fell way behind. Still the rain continued. So my husband and I requested some nice weather and the sun came out. The cement is poured. Progress!! I am making progress in other areas too. I have just completed the painting for a commission. I am going into prints. My client prefers prints for her prizes so I took my sketch to the lithographers today for a scan and a proof. New territory. The same company completed another task for me this past week: notecards. I will be making up packages of six and looking for venues in which to sell them. The clear packaging should be arriving this week. Something else will be delivered this week: some more “Connections” books. So exciting! The latest watercolour is well on its way too. Watercolour does not take long to dry, depending on how much water I apply to the surface. And I could use a hairdryer to speed the process. I find I have better success letting the paint dry naturally rather than forcing it. Waiting for paint to dry is not exciting…. This week I decided to plan out the next seven or so paintings, looking for good notan compositions. In the meantime the paint dried. Another task I pick up at intervals is packing. I filled two boxes today. Did I mention that there is a certain order in which things are to be done? Paint first, pack later. When I am getting close to closing time I may not have the energy to be creative. Packing does not require creativity, just a good sense of space and volume. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment