Monday, August 2, 2010

Come Along Children


Come Along Children
8" x 6"
Mixed Media
Canvas

I have managed to paint another daily painting. This time it only took about three days to complete. I am getting faster! Actually I was standing in the middle of the floor, gazing at the work I had planned to do, wondering what to do with my foul mood when I took up another prepared little canvas and began to play. Putting marks on a surface, whether it is watercolour pencil, paint, ink, or graphite, seems to immerse me in another world where bad moods and negative thoughts are not allowed to enter. Picking up a paintbrush is a direct connection to a better world, my God and an infinite amount of positive energy. As the painting proceeds there are always so many considerations: where am I going to put the important images on the surface; where will the center of interest be; what colours will I use; will the shadows be warm or cool? Once I put paint to canvas I may change my mind at anytime usually as a direct result of falsely interpreting what the results of my conclusions were. That is correct. I make mistakes all the time! I have found that the most important response to unpredicted events is to welcome them. This allows me to reconsider, imagine something new and step into possibility. I love my world. It is fun to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment