Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Mary

Mary Before

Mary After


I did some painting this week! Mary is done. Maybe. As I was applying the isolation coat I noticed the blue in the hair. It may need just one more glaze of burnt sienna. I will think about it. Before I add the varnish. Martin was filling boxes and emptying others as I was doing the painting. Several recycling bags stood at the door. I had decided canning is not going to be part of my life anymore. One easy decision. As the shelves became more visible I took a break and rearranged things a little. Martin was wondering if progress had been made, after all, the horizontal spaces were just as full as they had been… I assured him that, yes indeed, progress had been made. I must admit there is some more decluttering in order, among the seashells. I love seashells. They are not so easy to let go. Perhaps a few rocks, leaves and vases could follow suit. I might run out of jars…. Hold on there. It is not as if we are going to stop eating. There will be other jars. Decluttering. What to keep? What to toss? What to send on? It feels so good once the decision has been made. There are other decisions in the offing as well. The new storage unit for large canvases will be built. Martin asked, “Where?” I pointed to the west side of the garage. He sighed, shook his head and said, “We have a lot of work to do.” I agree. We have a lot of work to do and this is Christmas week. So let us put some seating in the living room, plug in the tree and make merry. Have a wonderful Christmas everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment