Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A bump in the road.

Martin's Office Before
Martin's Office After


I began this morning by giving this entry a title. As it turns out there has been more than one bump in the road yesterday and today. At this point in time I wish I had several back up blogs. I do on occasion but I have used them all lately. Let us just say that recently life has been… interesting… a challenge… an adventure! I joyfully entered my studio yesterday morning and savoured the moment. It had been two weeks. I guess it would have not been quite that long if we were dealing solely with home renovations. Add a new renter for a new condo which needed painting and a daughter moving out of another…. Well, we managed to get things done for Sunday. Monday was glorious, delicious, until the phone call. Sometime during the afternoon I listened to the messages on the phone. One was from a lawyer. I do not often get messages from lawyers so I answered that one immediately. Not good news. I have approximately three weeks to relocate my studio. The business from which I was renting has gone into receivership and I cannot stay. I completely forgot my blog. I left the house to race around the city attending to other unforeseen matters my daughters had asked me to do when Sarah invited us to have dinner with her and we accepted. The evening passed so quickly and I fell into bed late that night. So this morning I sat down and wrote the title to my blog…. The phone rang. Had I forgotten about the medical appointment for which I had promised to be a taxi? Yes. I managed to get to Anna’s place in just over half an hour and she handed me the slip of paper with the doctor’s address on it… the other side of the city. One traffic jam later we were only ten minutes late. Dropping Anna off at work I stopped in to see Sarah; she had called in sick. I spent the major portion of the rest of the day with her, bought a few things and stopped at the studio before I came home. Four men were moving things out. Murals. They had been under the assumption that all had to be moved by tonight…. No. The end of the month maybe. I decided to go home. There is a limit to how much chaos I can handle in one day. I had reached it. And my home renovations? The floor is in. And there is one room done. Martin’s office.

No comments:

Post a Comment