Monday, August 13, 2012

Transformed

Lately I have been spending my time with a different kind of paint: latex! I enjoy any kind of paint! The first item on the agenda was the bathroom. I did not think to take before pictures which is unfortunate, however, the transformation is dramatic. There have been some amusing moments in all this such as the spots missed in the ceiling only show up when the lights are turned off. That limits the time for touchup during the daylight. Three days of work just about did me in though. My muscles were pleading for respite. Each night I eased myself into an Epsom salt bath and faithfully followed my exercise routine to avoid complete seizure. One day was spent in my studio this week. The last painting I will do there for a while. I loaded a few boxes with some items I will not need immediately, reference books for example. I am all packed into the car for my trip to Cortez Island. Four glorious days of nothing but creatively covering canvas. I leave tomorrow. While I am away I will not think about the packing, the dismantling, the reinstalling and reorganizing. Sigh. While I am away I will concentrate on transforming canvases, visiting family and generally having fun. In the meantime, more latex.

No comments:

Post a Comment