Monday, August 6, 2012

Deprived


I have two lovely watercolours on the way. It is always exciting to see a painting develop. I love the contemplation time, just gazing into space, allowing the creative juices to flow. I am also working on a mixed media that is also gloriously opening like a blossom in sunlight. Then there are the six panels in incubation. I will grab my camera one day and find six interesting female faces to adorn their surfaces, a new mixed media series “Mother Earth”. Abundance. I am a little fearful of the future though. I will be studio deprived for a month or more. A few extracurricular activities have tempted me beyond my seclusion and I have chosen to participate. The van is loaded with the elements of a different kind of painting….wall painting. My daughter and her new husband are moving into new accommodations with his parents and their present home needs readying for sale, the sooner the better. Tomorrow we begin. The following week I am away. True, I will still be studio deprived but I do not think I will be suffering as I will be participating in a workshop with Robert Genn and his lovely daughter Sara on Cortez Island. I so look forward to that. Upon my return I will be packing. My daughter has invited me to set up my studio in their garage and we hope to move most of our belongings as well as my studio into this space by the end of the month. My studio would be closer. I would have ready access to water and a place to clean my brushes. As for open space, well, that remains to be seen. I am very good at packing. It is one of my extraordinary talents. Comes with practice I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment