Monday, December 31, 2012

Old Year

Here it is, the last day of the old year. Looking back is a good thing to do as long as I do not linger there. It has been quite a year. I did a series of drawings that danced across the walls of several venues and I won a few prizes. The workshops I attended were very enlightening and the wise words of mentors persisted into my awareness: the only way to master what you do is by doing, in other words, paint. I finished off a couple of watercolours for the latest show and recorded their codes in my book; according to the records I managed six paintings this year. Six. Sigh…. So what happened? As I pondered the dilemma I realized that moving into new quarters had snuffed my creativity. I had lost the connection. I have since moved again and the paint has come out once for a couple of days to finish off some old inspirations….. This will not do. All is not lost. During the last couple of months I have had the opportunity to repriorize and bring into alignment what it is I really want to do. I am looking forward to spending more productive time in my studio and that requires planning. The time and energy consuming exercises that bring me the most revenue will be curtailed, I am going with my heart: more painting, less commissions and less teaching. More heart means less head, more intuition and less adrenaline. I am looking forward to moving through 2013 with ease and prosperity. May your year be prosperous, healthy and fulfilling as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment