Monday, December 10, 2012

On the road



As the car was moving I took some pictures on the way home this weekend. Many ended up being discarded and some of the patterns were interesting. The original picture is blurred; the road was rough. I like the movement and the contrast. I could enhance the bridge because I am not a camera, manipulate the colours, play with the textures and add some whispers. Whispers are elements that cannot be perceived by the naked eye. Poetry would be one of my whispers. Spirits of the land would be another. The possibilities are endless. To begin with I played on the computer. Since the original was such a poor resolution many of the computer manipulations did not work well. Cutout did a good job of simplifying things. I adjusted the brightness and the contrast, the colour balance and I tried again. Cutout picked out some different shapes. Fascinating way to spend a few minutes. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment