Monday, June 17, 2013

Making Things Work


Lining things up
Back into storage


















This is what a nine foot by fifteen foot mural looks like on an eight foot by six foot support wall…. I am so thankful for grid marks! I am also thankful the image did not require moving up and down as well as side to side. Skies are lovely! So beautifully empty! Well, not really. I may or may not leave the sky as is; that is determined by how the painting looks once I have filled in the fields and the people. It may need another coat of blue…. In the meantime both sections had to come together in order for me to continue the image cohesively from one door to the next. Yes, this part of the mural will be on two nine foot by seven and a half foot doors, something like Quonset doors is my understanding. The first part of the horse must meet with the second part of the horse when the doors are closed….  Most of the time I try to avoid bringing straight lines across two separate segments. If the installation is not perfect, everyone will know…. After several attempts to adjust the harness in order to avoid the possible problem I decided to anticipate perfect installation. As you can see the table is strewn with various photographs of horses with and without harness. Mostly I needed legs in the correct positions and some understanding of various bridles. The swather is still a mystery. It is easier to put highlights in the correct positions when I know what is going on. Some further research is in order. That is for another day. I will need to place these two sheets together once more: to match the paint. After all, it is one horse in the middle and the colour needs to be consistent. I love my work! Never a dull moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment