Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Wiggle Room

So good to have some wiggle room! My tabletop is now my false wall support for the newest mural…. A little shy on dimensions, the wall measures eight feet by six feet and the smallest mural size is nine feet by seven feet.  So now I am into drawing the image on the surfaces. The set of four are actually three separate images taken from two photos. Two of the panels are the same size and two are slightly larger. When I went to begin the transfer I discovered the grid had to be changed for the two central panels. I decided to draw the outside panels first as they are taken from the same photo and I am adding a fictional figure as I split the mother/father into two images. The central panels are really one image so at some point I may install the two nine by seven and a half feet together on my false wall. Do the math….. they do not fit…. I am so grateful I am dealing with fabric and not rigid wood sheets. As I began the central panel drawing I realized I had placed the horizon line at the incorrect level on the first two sheets. Sigh. The best laid plans of mice and men, women too. It is an easy correction, thankfully. The other challenge is the shadow area on the photo cannot be deciphered easily. In fact I can see no detail whatsoever. This presents a bit of a problem as I will be inventing horse legs and harness. The horses have been one of my favorite subjects for many years so that is solvable. I know nothing about harness. It may require some research. Fort Edmonton, here I come! The sacrifices I make as an artist…. I think I will go with a friend…. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment