Monday, June 3, 2013

The Latest

“Invitation: to hear” is now complete. Before I embarked on painting the next in the series I undertook to research some photos and organize the following  few images alternating between horizontal and vertical. I like variety. I then took the time to draw in the grid and transfer, collage, amalgamate the various source photos onto a new watercolour sheet. It will wait in the wings as I paint the picture I had already previously drawn. Completing everything before I begin another has a negative effect on my creative inspiration. I tend to come to a dead halt. There seems to be a necessary link between having several images in various media on the go at once and creative flow. At the moment I have a nagging mixed media itch that I have been ignoring for some time. I simply do not have the space in which to experiment or begin a new mixed media series. This could be dangerous… but I have a plan. Instead of beginning the new series once the murals are done, I will take some used hardboard, seal it, prep it and have fun. There are so many ideas I wish to try. Once back in the flow I will begin my new series while continuing with watercolours at the same time.  In the meantime I begin the next in the “Invitation” line while I wait for paint to dry on the murals. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment