Monday, September 2, 2013

Oops


I missed last week all together! Decidedly I was  having too much fun. My blog did not even rate a thought until Wednesday… Sigh. Still I can share what I was doing in Seattle. Besides helping out with an AquaRun which took place on Sunday, my mastermind and I took in the Northwest Trek Adventure course and the Chichuly installations of blown glass on Monday. Blog day. My first experience at zip lines and rock walls. Wow! I am so thankful I no longer fear heights. So much fun!  And the glass sculptures blew us away. What is a mastermind? Many people ask me that question. In case you have not experienced the phenomenon, a mastermind is a group of capable people who gather regularly to encourage, challenge and to whom an account is given for the week’s activities. Have the goals been met? If not, why not? Are you still on track? The discussions help to clarify purpose and direction in all that we do. They also help to bring balance to a hectic life when schedules get out of control. A good mastermind makes life uncomfortable on occasion. There are many forms as well. Some cost money; in order to belong there is a fee payable. My mastermind is a gift from a personal development course I took about five years ago. We have been together that long, meeting once per week on the phone and once per year in person. This year we met in Seattle. We certainly would not have chosen each other but the mix has been extremely beneficial to each of us. We bring a variety of gifts to the forum and we have a common vision: to be the best we can be. Masterminds are only for those who wish to improve personally and professionally. They require honesty and courage. We are still growing as a group. There is a lot more to be had than we have offered so far. The future looks bountiful because the present is rich. Life is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment